Do Administrative and Nursing Home Complaints Help?

December 1st, 2016 by Rieders Travis in Nursing Home Abuse

PA Nusring Home Abuse Lawyer
No one wants to place a loved one in a nursing home or other long-term care facility, but we do so in the hope that the individual will be cared for compassionately and competently. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. It sometimes happens that our loved ones are not cared for properly and, even worse, may be mistreated or abused. If the problem is severe and cannot be resolved by voicing concerns to a supervisor or administrator at the facility, you may need the help of an experienced attorney such as Cliff Rieders at Rieders, Travis, Humphrey, Waters & Dohrmann. Many people make complaints to local advocacy networks such as the Pennsylvania Nursing Home Ombudsmen, the Department of Health, or even local police authorities. Typically, administrative complaints that complain directly to the nursing home are unavailing. It is useful, however, to let the Department of Health know what is going on. A person must be very careful in what they report, since that can be used against them if a later claim for damages is brought in a court of law. Typically, it is wise to consult with a…