Williamsport Brain Injury Attorney
WHEN NEGLIGENCE PLAYS A ROLE YOU MAY HAVE A BRAIN INJURY LEGAL CLAIM.
If your brain injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation to help pay for medical bills, therapy, and rehabilitation costs. The experienced and compassionate Williamsport brain injury attorneys at Rieders, Travis, Dohrmann, Mowrey, Humphrey & Waters know how debilitating TBI is and we understand what you are going through. We offer a free consultation to help you investigate the cause and extent of your injury and determine the options you have to secure lifetime benefits and compensation.
According to the Brain Injury Association of America, over 1.5 million people face traumatic brain injuries (TBI) every year, and at least 50,000 individuals will die from their injury. TBI is a leading cause of death for persons under age 45. Approximately 80,000 will face life-long injuries and rehabilitative care from their injuries, and there are currently about 5 million Americans suffering from some form of TBI disability.
When clients come to us needing help, we put all our years of experience, knowledge of the law and skill to work. We are ready to do the same for you. We understand how a severe brain injury can send your life reeling in an unexpected direction and battling insurers for full and fair compensation is not a burden you need to carry. Our sole aim is to win your brain injury case so you can move forward with your life. You shouldn’t be weighed down by the stress of a legal case. Rely on our brain injury lawyer to fight for you so you can focus on healing.
The Causes of Your Brain Injury Is Important for Your Legal Case
The leading causes of brain injuries are motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall injuries, sports injuries, obstruction of the airway, near drowning, toxic exposure, heart attack or stroke, aneurysm, and electrical shock. Brain injuries may occur at birth through hospital negligence or errors made by doctors, nurses, or other healthcare personnel. Our attorneys have handled a wide range of cases for clients with severe head injuries, including tragic birth injury cases. When the neglectful actions of others cause your injury, you may make a personal injury claim to recover damages.
It is important for those who have suffered a brain injury to consult with a knowledgeable and experienced attorney who can help them navigate the legal system and obtain the compensation they deserve. Brain injuries can have devastating consequences, such as cognitive impairment, memory loss, and changes in personality. Victims of brain injuries may require long-term medical care, rehabilitation, and therapy. These costs can be very high and extend for years. That’s why a successful legal case is so important. Our compassionate brain injury lawyers know how important it is for you to have medical and your other, related costs compensated. That’s why our team will dedicate ourselves to ensuring you get full and fair compensation.
What to Do if You Suffer a Brain Injury
If you have a head injury from an accident, there are steps you can take to help your case:
- Seek immediate medical help. Urgent medical care may help reduce the extent of your damage. If you think you may have a brain injury, make sure your MRI or other diagnostic testing is of the type that will show damage to soft tissue or the blood vessels in your brain, and be sure you see a specialist in brain injuries.
- Obtain evidence. If you were in an accident that involved a vehicle, get photographs of the damage and make sure the vehicle you were in is not sold or crushed. If there were witnesses to the accident, get their names and statements. See if there was evidence from video surveillance cameras. This needs to be done quickly as tapes are erased and witnesses may disappear or forget details as time goes on.
- Record your symptoms or have others help do so. Note whether you lost consciousness, had seizures, have post-traumatic amnesia or loss of memory or signs of a concussion or alteration of consciousness after injury.
- Find “before and after injury” witnesses – people, not from your family, who have known you and can testify to the change in your behavior and abilities.
- Contact a competent, experienced brain injury attorney. Head injuries have a devastating impact on your quality of life and your ability to support yourself, and they require substantial and expensive medical and rehabilitative care. Loss of cognitive function or other permanent disabilities are understandable and can be horrendous in terms of quality of life.
Trust Our Firm for Honest Answers
Feel free to call us for a free consultation. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, defective product or other negligence or wrongdoing, take steps to ensure that you obtain the compensation you deserve. Brain and head injury cases are complicated, as each person’s symptoms and circumstances are unique. Since symptoms change over time and evidence and witnesses disappear, it is important to contact an attorney experienced in brain injuries as soon as possible.
Whether in gathering evidence, dealing with medical professionals and insurance companies, negotiating settlements or pursuing a trial verdict, the experienced Pennsylvania brain injury attorneys are familiar with the law and thoroughly prepared and committed to achieving a just outcome. With our sizeable staff, we offer strength in numbers while providing top-notch personal service.
Do not delay in advocating for your rights. Contact Rieders, Travis, Dohrmann, Mowrey, Humphrey & Waters by calling (570) 323-8711 for a free consultation, or use our online contact form.