IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT EVERYONE WILL HAVE AT LEAST ONE DISPUTE WITH AN INSURANCE COMPANY DURING THEIR LIFETIME, AND MORE LIKELY SEVERAL SUCH DISPUTES.
By way of example, disputes with insurance companies can arise in the following circumstances:
- Virtually all claims for personal injuries or property damage caused by another’s carelessness are resisted by an insurance company providing coverage for the wrongdoer;
- Your own auto insurance policy provides protection to you with respect to claims against you by other injured persons, but also provides coverage for your own medical expenses arising out of a motor vehicle accident, wage loss protection, additional coverage for your personal injuries caused by underinsured or uninsured motorists, and property damage coverage for your vehicle;
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy provides coverage for liability claims against you (non-auto); it also provides coverage for your losses from theft, fire, and many other causes;
- Your medical insurance pays your medical expenses subject to various deductions, co-pays, limits, etc.;
- Life insurance and disability insurance
Insurance companies love to collect your premiums, and compete vigorously for your premium dollars emphasizing that you will be in “good hands,” not to mention that they are “like a good neighbor.” The unfortunate reality, however, is that, while insurance companies love to collect your money, they will resist paying up on your claim if there is any question at all about the validity of your claim or the appropriate amount to be paid.
We Can Explain Complex Policies and Fight for Your Fair Treatment
Whether an insurance company is required to honor a claim, and in what amount, is controlled by very complex legal documents – – insurance policies – -which no lay person can possibly understand. With respect to any insurance dispute, the insurance company utilizes adjusters and claims personnel trained by the insurance company and, if the dispute proceeds to a court action, lawyers specializing in defending insurance companies.
If you have a dispute with an insurance company, it is imperative that you have on your side a Williamsport insurance disputes attorney who is very experienced in handling insurance company disputes and who will vigorously represent your interests. Every day, the lawyers at Rieders, Travis, Dohrmann, Mowrey, Humphrey & Waters deal with the disputes of their clients with insurance companies and apply their experience and expertise in this important and complex area of the law.
Call Our Firm
Schedule a consultation with a lawyer at our Williamsport, Pennsylvania, office.