Williamsport Surgical Error Lawyer
SUBMITTING TO SURGERY REQUIRES GREAT TRUST IN THE PHYSICIAN PERFORMING THE PROCEDURE AND THE FACILITY IN WHICH IT TAKES PLACE.
Whether the service is a simpler procedure involving local anesthesia or a sophisticated, invasive intervention, patients and their families rely on the competence of their doctor and the integrity of the hospital. Needless to say, when a surgical error occurs, serious harm can result. In situations in which a medical malpractice lawsuit may be an appropriate way of proceeding, we can help.
At Rieders, Travis, Humphrey, Waters & Dohrmann, we have decades of experience with complex medical malpractice cases. Our Pennsylvania hospital negligence attorneys have successfully represented hundreds of patients and their families in holding medical providers and hospitals accountable for the treatment they provide. Our firm handles surgical malpractice cases involving:
- Laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgery
- Orthopedic surgery and arthroscopic surgery on knees, shoulders and joints
- LASIK surgery that is performed where it is counter-indicated
- Back surgery and spinal surgery
- Brain surgery
- Sinus surgery that causes brain damage
- Obstetric procedures and surgeries related to birth complications
- Hysterectomy and other gynecological procedures
- Tools, sponges and equipment left in surgical sites
- Problematic dental procedures and oral surgery
- Product liability and medical devices
- Anesthesia errors
How long will my case take?
Medical malpractice litigation can be relatively quick when the parties involved are amicable, or it can take several years. The course and length of a case can vary depending upon the attitude of the doctor or the insurance company, the demands of the victim and whether appeals or trials are required.