Level the Playing Field With an Experienced Lawyer
By law, employers are required to adhere to state and federal guidelines with regard to how they treat their employees in hiring, compensation and termination, among other areas. Employees have limited rights in certain job-related circumstances, but they are very important rights that need to be protected.
If your civil rights or employee rights have been violated at work, legal action may be needed to remedy the situation. Our attorneys can help you level the playing field and fight for your rights if you are being treated illegally. We handle a wide range of employment matters, including:
- Harassment/discrimination cases related to age, sex, race, national origin, military status
- Wrongful termination
- Cases involving pregnancy and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The rights of people with disabilities, which are protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Pennsylvania laws
- Whistleblower cases
- Contract matters involving noncompetes, nondisclosure agreements, severance agreements and other types of contracts
- Governmental employers, including municipalities, counties, states and federal agencies
- Universities and school districts
- Factories and industrial employers
- Doctors and other medical professionals terminated by hospitals
- ERISA cases in federal court
We are committed to aggressively pursuing full protection of our clients' rights, regardless of their socioeconomic background, career path and ethnic heritage.
Contact a Williamsport Employment Law Lawyer | Pennsylvania Wrongful Termination Attorney
Call Rieders, Travis, Humphrey, Harris, Waters, Waffenschmidt & Dohrmann at 570-505-5566 to discuss your employment concern in confidence. We can explain how Pennsylvania and federal law applies to your situation and help you understand your options for moving forward.